Sunday, January 14, 2018

Celery Bread is a great edition to Fish and Chips!

The first time I had celery bread was when I visited a small little place called Port Dover in Ontario. They are famous for their perch fish. There is an AMAZING place called Erie Beach Hotel that serves some wonderful fresh fish and this most delicious piece of bread called celery bread...I tried to replicate it and this is as close as I got. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

here is the Celery Bread recipe

1/2 lb butter
1 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes

This is enough to butter 2 loaves of bread.

Buy the bread unsliced at Fortinos, Metro, etc.
Slice off the crust all away around.
Then I put it in the freezer for a bit so it is easier to cut in cubes.
You should get approx. 14 cubes of bread from each loaf.
Butter on all sides.
I put parchment paper on the cookie sheet.
Stand the cubes up so they aren't touching each other.
Bake at 400 deg. for 10 minutes.



No comments: