Saturday, March 21, 2009

Today is the day...

I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was "Today is the day!"...

Today is the day I realized that in 8 days we would have officially met one entire year...

Today is the day I forget the many ways you made me feel special (how you were the first to call me by my Asian name, the many, many nights of laughter, kisses and cuddles)...

Today is the day that I realized you never really cared and respected me (even
though you claimed that you did)...

Today is the day that I forget all your empty promises...

Today is the day that I realized you lied when you said you are very attracted to me (because actions show otherwise)...

Today is the day I forget all the hurt and heartache you put me through...

Today is the day I remember that you never appreciated me being there for you...

Today is the day I remember that you never cared that I stayed to support you even at the first sign of distress...

Today is the day I let myself cry in relief that I finally figured it all out...

Today is the day I realized that I meant nothing more to you than a warm body in your bed...

Today is the day I realized that I was being used...

Today is the day I realized that I no longer will be played for as a fool...

Today is the day I let you go...

Today is the day that I claim ME back...

Today is the day that I shout out at the top of my lungs that I will remind myself to remember to carry the memory of the happy emotion I once felt with you and NOT the memory of you as the man who made you feel that way...

Today is the day that I remember th
at I am a strong, beautiful and independant woman!!


Indeed you are the one missing out...and someday I hope you come to realize this!

How sad I feel for the people you mistreated just like me who trusted you. Karma is a bitch!

8 comments:

Larissa said...

Today is the day that I finally got to know you more! thank you for letting me know. Today is also the day that a smile should be on your face BECAUSE now you are free!!

Bilal said...

wow!

Bravo!

Bilal

Gina said...

and KEEP remembering that.. YOU ARE a STRONG Independent woman, who deserves more than he gave you. I'm proud that you had your day...

VisibleSoulPhotography said...

Today is your most liberating day. I had this same day over 8 years ago. It was the day I hung up on him and never allowed myself to answer or return his phone calls.

I met the man of my dreams shortly after and NEVER looked back.

Life is much too short to settle for less. And no matter the promises, tigers CANNOT change their stripes!

Many hugs,

Lori

simply_unique said...

KEEP remembering that! WTG Some people think that it's holding on
that makes one strong;
sometimes it's letting go.

Unknown said...

Good Day...It most certainly takes pure guts to end a relationship and a very focused mind.

If a person is unhappy in their life...it is their responsibility to change it not anyone else's.

Life offers us many choices...why ignore the good ones!

It is all about choosing to be happy inside and only then can we make others happy on the outside!

Have a very positive day
DorothyL

Petula said...

I'm glad "today is the day..." I wish all the best to you.

Anonymous said...

D

I'm so proud of you!

Today is the day you let go of the parasite that plagued your life for a year, and suppressed the wonderful person that you are.

Since " you are too nice" in his eyes, it's time you give him what he wants... "no more Ms. nice D".

Drop him, and embrace yourself for the beautiful, strong, intelligent, funny, and good-hearted woman that you are.

Good things will come to you.... NO QUESTION!!!!

Love

Tatiana