Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Why Men Love Bitches




From Doormat to Dreamgirl-A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship

I never really understood what it meant to be 'too nice.' The first time I was told that I was 'too nice' and that I could be 'too sickly sweet' was in June 2008. I had gone out to spend time with this guy I had been dating and his friends. Out of the blue he says to me 'you're too nice'. I was floored...NEVER had I EVER been called too nice...and this time when he said that I was too nice...he didn't mean it in a good way.

I grew silent for the remainder of the evening. I didn't understand what he meant. That night he recommended this book for me to read. As I wanted to make things work with my gentleman friend I picked it up and this is what I had discovered:

Why Men Love Bitches is a book full of truths to empower the average woman. This book is broken down into ten sections with 100 attraction principles that I STILL find myself going back to look at, in order to reempower myself when I feel disempowered.

For example:
Attraction Principle #1- Anything a person chases in life runs away.

Attraction Principle #4- Sometimes a man deliberately won't call just to see how you'll respond

Attraction Principle #86 -The more independant you are of him, the more interested he will be

Attraction Principle #100- The most attraction quality of all is dignity

Each principle targets a specific case scenerio (with examples) in which women often find themselves in.

With #100 Attraction Principles listed conveniently in the appendix of this book, I found it easy to look up the one(s) that relate to me . This made it easy for me to go back and skim parts of those specific principles prior to an event I would be attending. (eg. prior to going on a date; going out to a social event where I may meet men or just hanging out with my male friends).

I truly was getting alot out of this book (and I still am months from when I first read it). I decided to take it to a couple of my social gatherings...all including men and women ages 25-38.

Many of my male friends smirked when I began to read the principles to them (some women too)...all KNOWING that they were guilty manipulating a relationship or two with one of the principles I had just read. I discovered that both guys and girls whom I had discussed this book with didn't disagree with what Sherry had written. In fact, she writes the principles of attraction in a way that can be interpreted loosely into any situation.

It was great to share this book with my friends (of both genders). I found that discussing the book with them gave me a greater insight on how they all percieve things (some interpreting each principle differently)and I even discovered things about myself that I never knew I had a stance on.

Its been almost half a year since I first read this book. I laughed to myself when I got into one of my girlfriend's cars one day and found that she had purchased the book and had been keeping it as a reference 'just in case' (as she says).

I also found a copy of this book on my male friend's nightstand. (He claims to have bought it for his girlfriend to read)--NB: She has her own copy at her house---hmmm... :)

I would HIGHLY recommend this easy read to anyone out there. Not only does it strengthen relationships between a couple...but you can also take pointers on how to empower yourself in any relationship (with friends or family members) too.

So what are you waiting for? You can stop that awkward feeling of being manipulated...and take control. Afterall, we are in control of our own thoughts and feelings...we just have to be gently reminded that we often conform to make others happy...but how does that really make us feel?!?!

2 comments:

okaonis said...

i think this is good as long as we dont manipulate the other party.

Anonymous said...

everyday people get hitched, people are falling inlove and out of love, people discovering love for the first time...relationships happen everyday everysecond but it makes me wonder why, how people still are not learning about relationships, must be really hard i suppose :) starting from adam and eve until know its still a problem eheheh i suppose too that aliens will come one day and attack us, and we will triumph and survive from that attack but not from relationships hehehe