Tuesday, June 30, 2015

NKOTB haven't missed a beat!

I had the opportunity to see New Kids On The Block perform at the age of 10 over 20 years ago. Being at my very first concert was so surreal. I remember not knowing what to expect but when I came home that night I had a grin from ear to ear. I turned on my IBM Compatible computer and stayed up for hours journaling the entire evening. I remember that I was in the nosebleed seats and they were little ant specks on a stage...I remember the screaming and the crying...I didn't go that far but I sure was intrigued at how a group of 5 boys could make sure an impact on a sea like coliseum full of girls. Again...this was over 20 years ago.

Let's fast forward to today...tonight was the 2nd of two nights I have been invited to relive my childhood memories and at first I had mixed feelings over it but when I got to my seats I couldn't believe how that overwhelming feeling of giddiness and excitement filled my entire body. It was almost as if nostalgia had it's own hidden agenda and it bit me like I was open to it.

What a crooner
The crowd was now older but still just as wild. Who would've known that a bunch of middle aged women could still scream 'bloody murder' like teenagers. I observed in silence with a huge smile on my face but then I couldn't help it...this overwhelming need to join in came over me. It also didn't help that the tickets I was seated in were SO incredible. I had lower bowl seats the first night 4 rows up from the stage and first row from the stage in the lower bowl the second night. I LOVED where my seats were...it would've been too hard for this 5 feet tall women to see anything had I been on the floor.

I watched these men gyrate and move like they were still in their teens. They truly didn't miss a beat. They were so innovative with their song and dance, I had to pee so badly but I didn't want to miss anything. My conclusion to my concerts was nothing but positive. Even the men sitting around me had to agree..."I'm only here for my girlfriend/wife but they put on a good show". I have enclosed a couple pictures and videos for your viewing pleasure. Please let me know what you think of NKOTB. I'd love to hear from you.


NKOTB have got 'The Right stuff'

NKOTB really know how to work a crowd

No comments: