Monday, February 23, 2015

Spicy beer sauce anyone?

There is a restaurant my boyfriend and I frequent called Qb's, they serve THE most amazing Spicy beer chicken penne pasta. The sauce simply is to die for...it's creamy and has just the right amount of spiciness. We really wanted the restaurant to share their recipe with us but as we expected it's a chef secret. After spending many, many meals eating their awesome spicy beer sauce in their pasta; on their fries and even on their chicken wings I decided to try my own hand at creating this sauce. After many many attempts I am pleased to share with you my replica of the Spicy Beer Sauce. Do let me know what you think of it as this is my attempt at creating a sauce from scratch. Use it in your pasta; on fries; as a dip...let me know what you would use my spicy beer sauce for.

Ingredients:
3 teaspoons of finely diced garlic
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoon of flour
2 cups of cream
1/2 a cup of parmesan cheese (grated)
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (I use old)
1/2 a cup of beer (I use whatever is cheap)
1/2 stick of butter
6 teaspoons of chili powder
6 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
salt to taste
cornstarch

What to do:
1. Using enough olive oil to coat the bottom of frying pan sautee the garlic on low heat.
2. Sautee flour in with the garlic
3. Add cream and butter
4. Add beer, chili and cayenne pepper
5. Begin to cook the entire sauce on medium heat
6. Add both parmesan and cheddar cheese
7. Add salt to taste
To thicken up the sauce stir in cornstarch (approximately 3 tablespoons)

Bon Appetite!! ENJOY!!

No comments: