Mock Tapioca Pudding
Whip up this delicious dessert from Christine of Sister Wives.
|3||tablespoons Cream of Wheat|
|*or BROWN size it (makes 2 pots)|
|2 1/2||cups Cream of Wheat|
- Combine milk, sugar and salt in a pot. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Slowly sprinkle in Cream of Wheat while stirring. While stirring constantly, return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Separate eggs, put a little Cream of Wheat mixture into the egg yolks, add vanilla and stir well.
- When the cream of wheat mixture is thick, slowly pour the egg mixture into the cream of wheat while stirring. Bring to room temperature.
- Beat egg yolks until stiff, fold into cream of wheat mixture. Serve.
- Wrap the zucchini in foil and pinch foil closed.
- NO joking, stir this A LOT and cook it over a low temperature. I have burned this many times and it has boiled over the pot many times. Adding the Cream of Wheat into the egg yolk makes it so the eggs aren't stringy in the pudding, it's called curing.